How to get to the Triathlon Village?
The Triathlon Village will be located on the Quai du Mont Blanc in Geneva, July 12th-14th.
You have different options to get here:
• Public Transports in Geneva
Geneva is easily accessible by public transports with the transports publics genevois (tpg). Several stops (lines 6, 8, 9, 25) are located near to the Rotonde du Mont-Blanc.
• Travel by train
The main Geneva Cornavin Railway Station is less than a kilometre away from the Triathlon Village and many train stops in Geneva. This is the most convenient way to travel to the event if you don’t live in Geneva.
• Travel by plane
The Geneva international airport is very close to the city centre at only 5 km. A direct rail connection links the airport to the downtown railway station in only 7 minutes.
• Travel by car
Geneva is accessible by car. Several car parks are located near the Triathlon Village (see the village map). As the roads will be closed on the right riverside from Friday evening to Sunday evening we do not recommend to use this means of transport.
THINK AHEAD FOR YOUR TRAVELS
Due to the 2019 La Tour Geneva Triathlon, a number of disruptions are scheduled to the circulation of traffic in Geneva.
• Quai du Mont-Blanc (rue Adhémar-Fabri) —> Quai Wilson (carrefour Forestier) - Closed from Friday, 12th - 8pm to Sunday, 14th - 5:50pm.
- Rue de Lausanne - Avenue de la Paix - Route de Pregny - Closed from Saturday, 13th - 5am to 10pm
- Highway A1 Vengeron - Closed from Saturday, 13th - 4:30am to Sunday, 14th 5:30pm
- Rue de Lausanne - Avenue de la Paix - Route de Pregny - pont du Mt Blanc - Quai Guisan + Gustave Ador - Route de Thonon - Closed on the Sunday, 14th from 4am to 2:30pm.
The roads nearby to this sector will also be impacted by these road closures. As a consequence, we recommend all road users remain vigilant and respect the road signage put in place as well as the instructions by the agents onsite.
Moreover, a number of parking restrictions will be in effect. If needed, any parked car that impedes the safety of the event will be removed without warning and at the expenses of the owner.